We will be re-opening the Activity Center on Monday, June 15th, please read the guidelines below for your well-being. We are doing the best we can to take safety precautions for your return. Please take into consideration this is new for ALL of us as we re-open and navigate through life after COVID-19.
Our team feels the Center would be a great outlet along with a sense of normalcy for those comfortable enough to come back. I’m sure there will be some bumps in the road, so please be patient with us. On a positive note, the staff has made various phone calls to members, and to our knowledge, no one has tested positive for COVID-19. If you have any questions, please call Roxann or Laura (309)797-0789.
REOPENING THE MAC AFTER COVID-19
Members will need to call ahead to let staff know they will be utilizing the center and approximate time of arrival. Members participating in sign up activities such as card games are NOT required to call ahead.
Members and visitors to the Center must use the North MAC entrance only which will be locked. There is a doorbell attached to the door, so staff can monitor who is entering the AcitivityCenter. The Townships entrance (on 18th St) will be off-limits so we can better control the flow of traffic throughout the building. When leaving the Activity Center for the day, please use the MAC’s main door and do not walk through the building to exit out of the Township door on 18th Street.
PURPOSE: Based on the Febrile Respiratory Illness Health Order that took effect of 03/26/20, all people entering the building on a daily basis, are to be screened for signs of respiratory illness accompanied by fever.
Staff will pre-screen each individual by taking their temperature which will be recorded and asking a series of questions related to COVID-19 to ensure the safety of those who are visiting the Center. If an individual’s temperature reads 100.4° they will NOT be allowed in the building. Staff will request that everyone use hand sanitizer and facemasks will be an optional choice. If you wish to wear a mask and do not have one, the MAC will supply disposable masks.
Members are required to sign out with the staff upon leaving. This gives staff control to better disinfect the area and surfaces people had contact with; such as a computer, ping pong paddles, tables/chairs, pool sticks, weights, etc.
The drinking fountain will be off-limits, please bring your own bottled water or purchase bottled water from the MAC for 50 cents.
Business hours will be Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 3 pm. The staff will need to sanitize everything from 3 pm – 4 pm and prepare for the next business day.
The MAC’s kitchen will be OFF limits for any use, including the stove, refrigerator, and microwave. You may bring your own food into the Center but it will be your responsibility for proper storage and preparation. We must think of “picnic” style for the time being.
Activities will be limited to a lower headcount due to social distancing rules and room space.
- No more than three tables set up at a time, NO DOUBLES, only singles. All ping pong paddles/balls left at the MAC must be sanitized as well as the tables.
- All bingo cards and chips must be sanitized after each use, including callers’ microphone and calling equipment. If items remain unused for a duration of four days this will not be required. Seating has been spaced accordingly.
- Groups are responsible for sanitizing of all or any personal materials they utilize for their meetings. Staff will disinfect the weigh scale and tables used in the dining room as well as the craft room/weigh station.
- Staff will sanitize all chairs and weights used. You will be instructed to leave used weights on your chair when you are done participating. Facemasks are optional while exercising.
- You must sign in and pay your fee along with sanitizing your hands before being allowed to participate. Once finished, the microphone must be sanitized before returning it to the Township office. Facemasks are optional while line dancing.
- You must alternate deck of cards, used cards must be set aside and unused for three days for any smooth surface germs to dissipate. Again, this is a personal choice to participate in due to the handling and sharing cards. Hand sanitizer is a must.
- Cribbage board and pegs should be fine sitting one week between uses as well as the deck of cards used.
- Handling of dice will be a personal choice to pursue the game, everyone must use hand sanitizer prior to starting the game.
We have been home sheltered over two months now. We know what we need to do to stay safe and we have had much practice. We believe access to the Moline Township Activity Center is a personal choice, so please respect those that want to come to their Center. If you are not comfortable simply do not come. We feel it is important that our members have this outlet of socialization.Share on